Sony has really disappointed a lot of fans with their network mishaps. Many users had been receiving a plethora of error numbers when trying to sign into the Playstation Network via PSP and PS3, but as of recent the network has been up and fairly stable. The only thing that has not been fully restored yet however is the Playstation Store. Although Playstation has not released any more information as of yet on an exact date for the store opening back up, they have offered up some information on what we will be receiving.
Sunday, May 29, 2011
1:08 PM Triple P Project
Details on Playstation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program for North America
Sony's "Welcome Back" Appreciation Program for North America
The "Welcome Back" program will be available to all existing registered Playstation Network and Qriocity users in North America. Sony will be posting more specific updates and requirements as the services goes live.
All Playstation Network users will be able to select two PS3 games from the below list. The games will be available for download for up to 30 days after the PSN Store is back up, and will belong to the user forever.
- Dead Nation
- Little Big Planet
- Super Stardust HD
- WipeOut HD + Fury
PSP owners will be able to download up to two games from the following list. Again the games will be available for download for up to 30 days after the Playstation Store is restored, and once downloaded the games will belong to the user forever.
- Little Big Planet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation
Not a bad group of titles to choose from if you ask me. Although, with the new release of Little Big Planet 2, why even offer LBP1 as a download? I don't know...
In addition to the above offered games, Playstation Network is also offering up a few other services and perks. Among them are a few listed below....
- Playstation members will be able to access a selection of "On Us" movie rentals selected by Playstation during a special weekend which is yet to be announced.
- 30 days of the Playstation Plus membership will be offered to non PSN+ subscribers.
- Existing PSN+ subscribers will receive and additional 60 days of free subscription.
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an addition 30 days of free premium subscription.
- An additional 30 days + the time lost during the outage will be offered for existing Music Unlimited Premium/Basic users free of charge
- 100 free virtual items will be offered to Playstation Home users, along with a few other free items to be announced soon.
I personally am grateful they are offering up so much as a thank you for our patience and understanding. I wouldn't have been surprised at all if they didn't offer anything after all the losses they took during the intrusions.
More details may be released at the Playstation Blog.